Friday 22 June 2012

Day 13 - Trip Stats

Hi All... it's lovely to be home... even though I am all alone.  The boys are still at the minders and Glo is still away, but I lounge in bed until mid morning and then call Harley Davidson insurance to put in my claim for the accident damage.  I'll need to take the bike to a dealers for a proper estimate for repairs but that can wait til tomorrow.

So what's the breakdown on the trip?

Countries Visited
England x 2
Spain x 2
Portugal x 1

Total Distance Travelled - 2477.3 miles

Costs
Ferries - £344  includes upgrade to a cabin for both journeys.

Accommodation - £415.68 (avg. £46.19 per night)

Food - £160.55 (avg. £13.38 per day)

Fuel - £268.78 (avg. £22.40 per day)

Toll Roads - £64 (including €40 fine)

Maps - £80.98

Lisboa HOG Chapter Rideout - £50.04

Shopping - myob

Best Ride - Northern Portugal on way back through the mountains
Worst Ride - Plymouth to London, but mainly due to the terrible weather

Best HD Dealership - All the ones that were open or still existed at the address in the GPS.. except
Worst HD Dealership - Porto... crap, I don't think I have ever spent less than 10 minutes in a HD shop before.


Best Hotel - Dolce Cascais Guest House, but they were all good.
Worst Hotel - On reflection... of them all the one I would definitely not go back to was the first one the Hotel Begona in Gijon

Favourite Country Visited - Portugal
Least Favourite Country Visited - England... well the rainy, blowy ride home

What I Would Do Again
Travel on Brittany Ferries
Visit Portugal

What I Wouldn't Do Again
Fall off my bike - hopefully
Trust the HD dealership address details in my GPS

What to remember for the next trip:
Warm gloves
Don't trust the HD addresses in the GPS

Seems I took my own advice from the last trip, cos I did pack less; took meds; avoided cities for the most part, etc. etc.

All together a great trip.. I really enjoyed it, apart from the poor weather going and coming back.. Oh! and the accident of course..

Next trip??  Watch this space

Ciao



No comments: